I recently discovered the discord screen share feature when I wanted to share the screen for a webinar session. I was having some weird issue with google hangouts so I tried the discord screen share feature and it saved my day.
I’ve been personally using this feature on a daily basis to communicate with my team as you already know that discord is one of the best voice chat apps. Here’s what exactly is discord screen share is…
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Discord Screen Share?
- 2 How to share screen on Discord?
- 3 Video camera and Share Screen features (on Desktop)
- 4 Video camera and Share Screen features (on Smartphones)
- 5 Video Guide
- 6 Discord Screen Share Not Working?
- 7 Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
- 8 Discord Screen Share Black Screen Fix
- 9 Final Words
Discord is a social platform that helps users to communicate with others through text, voice, and video also on the chat servers, which is made for a definite purpose.
The screen share is another feature added to discord in August 2017 and was available to all till October 2017. The discord screen share feature lets users on your Discord chat server (maximum 10) to interact with your screen.
Along with Screen share, you can also perform video calling at the same time on your chat servers which is an extraordinary in-built feature of Discord and doesn’t require installation of extra software.
In the following article, you will know how to screen share on Discord. To initiate a screen share and video call on Discord first, install the application and set up audio and video hardware on Discord client.
Tweak Video/Camera Settings
- Look for the “settings” option at the lower-left-hand part of the screen and move to the settings page.
- Now to adjust voice and video chat settings look at the left-hand menu and click on the “Voice and Video” tab under “App settings”.
- To alter video settings, you can scroll down to the “Video settings” and select the video camera hardware using the drop-down menu. You can also be sure by checking the settings made by clicking on the “Test Video” button.
Connect with users on the server
To make a call to your friend or any other user on the chat server, you need to be friend with that user. After doing this step, you can look forward to making a call. Follow the following steps to make a video call and how to Share Screen on Discord.
- Look at top-left for the Discord icon and go to the “Homepage”. Then click on “Friends” which will open the Friend list.
- To select the user for the Video call and the Screen Share, you need to hover or click on username. It will show the option for Video call.
In case you are using a desktop version of Discord, you can use the following features which can seem helpful while a video call or screen share.
Also Read: How to Add Bots to Discord Server?
If you want to see only a particular video and others aren’t that necessary for you then this feature is of great use. To do so you need to click on the required user’s avatar will eventually make the video pop-out from others.
While Sharing Screen, it is also possible that you can choose to opt-out of sharing sound on the screen share mode. This can be done by toggling the SOUND button between ON and OFF.
The Screen Share feature is still not available for mobile users on Discord. Though, there are many features available for them while on a video call. Some of these are:
Tune and Switch Camera
Users can tune the camera between on and off state which lets them stop/start the functioning of the camera. Also, they can toggle between the front and back camera without lag or any issues.
Along with a good camera, there is also an option to mute the phone’s mic that won’t allow the outgoing voice on a chat server.
Well, if you are still struggling to share your screen on discord then here’s a tutorial which will help you enable discord screen share.
Despite being such an amazing feature Screen Share has been reported with some serious bugs. These bugs are quite common among many users across the server and the platform. Some of the bugs are listed below:
- While users use the Screen Share and this feature crashes way often and which results in a totally black screen.
- There have also been audio issues while having a screen share session.
These problems can be very serious and need to be solved to make the session effective. Hence, follow the below steps to fix the issues related to Discord audio/video.
Discord screen share audio not working is a bug encountered by the users while streaming and using the screen sharing feature on the chat server. This bug is too often faced by many users hence it seems to be neglected by the Discord Support team. Though, it is expected to be fixed in upcoming updates.
Look upon the below points to resolve audio related issues faced while screen share on the Discord server.
- The consequences for the audio issues can be avoided by confirming that the SOUND button is toggled to ON position.
- Opt for a particular Application Window for discord screen share. There are several screens sharing options for you, either you can select the whole screen or select a particular window to do so.
Also Read: Best Discord Bots for your Discord Server
Many users have encountered with this bug too often, in which, they are unable to use share screen and also face severe problems with it, such as total black screen appears in front of the screen.
There isn’t anything to worry as it comes with a solution. Follow the steps below one-by-one in order to overcome this problem.
- Firstly, try restarting your PC and then open the Discord app. Then restart the Screen Share.
- In case the previous option doesn’t go well, it is better to look for GPU as sometime the problem can arise due to automatically switching of GPU.
To overcome this issue, you need to keep updated the GPU driver to its latest version and then give another try.
- If the problem still exists with the black screen then try reinstalling the application which will hopefully recover the issue.
Also, it is mandatory to note that Discord screen share does not support full-screen mode. Therefore, run the application in windowed mode to make this feature run successfully.
Discord has emerged to be one of the top-performing chat platforms especially for Gamers and other groups. Users can interact with others via chat and call. Where video call and screen share have been recently added features to its functionality, which makes it one of the best social VoIP (Voice over IP) platform. Use this Discord screen share feature to share live-screen on the discord with your friends (up to 10).
- Also Read: 299+ Best Discord Servers List [Updated]
- Also Read: 30+ Best Discord Dating Servers for Online Dating
- Also Read: How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error?