Twitch error 3000 is one of the most common errors that we get to see with Twitch. Also, whenever this error appears, we get to see the media resource decoding issue alongside a black screen. As a result, you fail to play or stream any video on Twitch.
So the question is how to fix the error code 3000 twitch? Well if you are wondering the same thing. Then you have come to the right place. As I will be talking about all the solutions that can possibly fix the error code 3000 twitch.
So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
Table of Contents
What is Twitch Error 3000?
Twitch Error 3000 or ‘3000 Media resource decoding error’ usually appears whenever you try to stream videos on Twitch. In most of the cases, Google Chrome users are the only ones who get to see this error. And the main reason behind this error is related to the video decoding system of HTML5 and other web modules.
What causes Twitch Error 3000?
There are a bunch of things that can cause the error code 3000 twitch. As mentioned earlier, the error is related to the failure of a browser in decoding a media source. However, to make it easy for you here are some of the top reasons:
- HTML5 player is not responding. And it has failed to produce correct output while decoding and streaming videos on your browser.
- There is a high chance that your internet browser is using the latest Flash. As a result, it is not supporting video streaming on your browser.
- Bad cookies and cache in your browser can also be one of the reasons why you are getting this error.
Also Read: Fix Twitch Error 2000
Solutions to Fix Twitch Error 3000
One of the first things that you can do is cleaning cache and cookies. Cookies are one of the most common reasons why we face different issues with our browser. And by cleaning them, you will easily be able to get rid of all of them. To clear cache and cookies from your browser, follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Then in the address bar, you have to type down “chrome://settings” and hit the enter button. This will bring up the browser’s settings page.
- From here, go to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced”.
- Then from this menu, you will have to go to the “Privacy and Security” settings and then click on “Clear browsing data”.
- This will open a new menu. From here, you have to clear your browser cache. Simply select “All time”, check all options, and click “Clear browsing data”.
Fix 2: Turning off Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration a feature that uses computer’s hardware instead of software rendering in order to perform some functions on your computer efficiently.
Even it helps in reducing the load on the software and offers you overall better performance. But in certain cases, it creates issues with our browsers. But the good part is that we can easily disable hardware acceleration on our computer to fix those issues.
To turn off hardware acceleration feature, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then from the top right side of your browser, click on the three vertical dots.
- This will bring up a drop-down menu.
- From here, go to the settings.
- Now from the settings tab, you will need to go to the bottom of the page.
- Then click on Advanced.
- Now you will need to navigate to the end of the tab again until you find the subheading named as “System”.
- Under it, uncheck the option which says “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- After that, close your browser and relaunch it again to implement the changes.
- Once you are done with every step, go to Twitch and see if you are still getting the same error code 3000 twitch or not.
Cookies are a message that gets stored to your web browser whenever you browse the internet. And your browser will use these cookies to make your experience better. But in certain cases, there are quite a lot of browsers which does not allow third-party cookies.
As a result, it starts creating different issues on your browser. And to get rid of this thing, you can go ahead and allow third-party cookies. And to do so, you can go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the page where you are facing the issue.
- After that, look at the side of the address bar, and you will find a cookie icon.
- Simply click on it, and a new menu will pop up.
- From here, select the ‘Always allow <website> to set cookies’ option, and you are good to go.
- Then check if you are still getting the same twitch media resource decoding error on your browser or not.
Also Read: Fix Twitch Error 5000
So those were a couple of fixes for the twitch error 3000. Now go ahead and check these solutions out and see how they are working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask. Then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.
- Also Read: Best Discord Servers List
- Also Read: Best Discord Dating Servers
- Also Read: Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error