Facing the twitch error 5000 and wondering how to fix it? Then I am here to help you out. It is one of the common issues that we get to see and fixing it is not a hard task. And In this article, I will tell you how you can fix it.
Table of Contents
What is Twitch Error 5000?
Twitch Error 5000 is a standard Twitch error that we get to see. The error usually appears as Twitch Error 5000: Content Not Found. The error usually appears when you try to stream on Twitch. But you cannot do so because of some plugins or chrome extension integrated with your browser.
And in most of the cases, this is the flash player only. But the problem is not related to some specific plugin of extensions. The culprit can be any other plugin or extension.
What causes Twitch Error 5000?
There can be quite a lot of reasons why you are getting to see the twitch error 5000. And some of the top reasons can be:
- Cache and Cookies: Browser caches are one of the main reasons why you get to see the problem. Browser caches are sort of an application that focuses on reducing the loading times. However, at times the cache file gets corrupted. As a result, you get the twitch error code 5000.
- Extension: Extensions are one of the top reasons why you get to see the Twitch error. Extensions are quite powerful to control how websites perform on our browsers. And it might be causing the issue. One such example is the “Ghostery” extension which is known for causing this issue.
- Browser: At times, the main culprit is your browser only. So the browser you are using might be facing some issues.
- DNS Issue: In the end, it can be a DNS issue which is causing the main trouble. DNS is like a phonebook for your internet service. It translates the website name into an IP address, and then it connects to the website. And in some cases, the DNS gets corrupted, and you end up seeing the twitch error code 5000.
Also Read: Fix Twitch Error 3000
How To Fix twitch error 5000
To fix Twitch Error 5000, here are a couple of fixes that you can try out. Just go ahead and try each of the methods one by one and see if they are working for you or not:
Fix 1: Enable Flash Player
If you are only getting this error while using Chrome, then enabling flash player would be a good way. To enable flash player, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, launch the Chrome browser from your computer.
- Then in the URL field type down Chrome://settings and hit the enter button.
- This will take you the settings page and from here scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- Now select Content settings
- Then select Flash.
- In the end, simply turn on Flash using the toggle button.
However, in case if this method does not work for you. Here are some other fixes that you can try out:
Fix 2: Clear Cookies and cache
At times the error 5000 twitch happens because the Twitch server is unreachable. And it is for a temporary time only. But what happens with our browsers is that it saves cache files which allows us to load website faster.
The cache does not allow the browser to load a website from the present time. Instead, the cache shows a copy of the website which cache have previously stored on your computer. This way, your website load faster. But at times, the cache does not update itself with the recent web page. As a result, even if the website is up and running, you get the same error. Hence, clearing cache would be the best option.
- First of all open Chrome.
- Then go to Chrome://settings.
- Then go to the Advanced settings.
- Then Find and click Clear browsing data.
- In the end, simply select your preferred settings and clear data.
Fix 3: Disable extensions
In the end, you can disable extensions. There are many users who have complained about Twitch not loading Chrome. And this happens because of some extensions. Hence, you can try disabling them and see if everything is working fine or not. To disable extensions, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, launch Chrome.
- Then in the address bar, type down Chrome://extensions and hit the enter button. Also, if you are using Firefox, then you have to type about:addons in the address bar and hit the enter button.
- Then over here, you will find a list of extensions or plugins.
- Simply disable all the plugins or extensions one by one.
Also, as you do so make sure to check if you are getting the twitch error 5000 or not, this would be a long process though depending on how many extensions you have.
Also, you should pay special attention to those extensions that you have recently installed on your browser.
Fix 4: Use A Different Browser
If you are still getting the twitch media resource not supported error by following the above methods. Then it would be a good idea to change your browser and see if everything is working fine or not.
For example, if you are facing the issue on Chrome, then try downloading Mozilla Firefox and see if you are getting the same error or not. Even you can try out Microsoft’s Edge browser and look for the error. Similarly, if you are, Firefox user gives a try to other browsers and see if you are getting the same thing.
So that was all for your question how to fix twitch error 5000. Also, if you are facing twitch error 2000 you can check our twitch error 2000 fix tutorial. Now go ahead and check these steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask. Then do feel free to comment below and I will help you out.
- Also Read: What is Discord App?
- Also Read: How to use Better Discord Plugins and Themes?
- Also Read: Why I can’t hear people on Discord?