With the launch of Hero8 Black and MAX action cameras, GoPro is stepping up its game in the market. Priced at Rs 36,500, and Rs 47,000, respectively, these gadgets are sure to become a vlogger’s best friend.
Table of Contents
Features of the Hero8 Black Camera: What is new?
- A successor to the Hero 7 Black, Hero8 Black, has a new body design that incorporates GoPro’s signature mounting system right into the case. It basically eliminates the use of add-on frames, which are required to attach it to selfie sticks, suction mounts, body mounts.
- It will feature a front-facing microphone to ensure better audio quality.
- It will have a flap on the right which will contain the microSD card slot, battery, and USB Type-C port.
- An external 1.9-inch display, the Display Mod can fold itself in the front or back.
- Waterproof up to 10m, the Light Mod helps brighten the scene or the face when vlogging in low light.
- HyperSmooth 2.0 is the highlight of the product as it promises smoother video compared to the Hero 7 Black.
- A boost mode has been added to crop the frame a bit more for even more aggressive stabilization.
- The re-designed interface enables the user to easily switch between different fields of view.
- You can create up to 10 presets for various types of activity you typically capture.
- Horizon Levelling gives a cinematic effect and TimeWarp 2.0 lets you vary the speed of the hyperlapse video when you need it, by simply touching the display.
- It can shoot 4K video up to 60fps and slow-motion video at up to 240fps at 1080p
- It has live streaming, voice control and can recognize voice commands.
Features of the GoPro Max Camera:
- The GoPro Max is a 360-degree camera that has built-in GPS and is waterproof up to 5m.
- It can live stream at up to 1080p and can shoot up to 5.6K resolution 360-degree footage at 30fps.
- The inclusion of the Colour display at one side enables one to frame the shots.
- It also has TimeWarp and HyperSmooth options, just like the Hero8 Black.
Availability of Hero 8 Black And GoPro Max Cameras:
- You can pre-order both the devices from the 1st of October via GoPro.com.
- The shipment of HERO8 Black begins on October 15. It will be available globally on October 20 at select retail partners.
- Shipments of GoPro Max begins on October 24. It will be available globally from October 24 at select retailers and, in the US on October 25.
- Its Mods will be available for pre-order in India starting from December. The ‘Media Mod’, the ‘Display Mod’ and the ‘Light Mod’ cost $79.99, $79.99 and $49.99, respectively.