Photos are an essential part of phones, PCs and our lives. Sometimes we lose our precious data by deleting it accidentally. And often, we delete photos because we think we no longer require them. And then you realize you need them. What to do in such a situation? There are various options to recover deleted photos to which we will introduce you.
Table of Contents
Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card
Photo recovery from your SD card can be much more simple than from your android devices. But it’s only possible if you have saved your pictures in it.
- For recovery, first, connect the SD card with your laptop or computer.
- Then use recovery software for retrieving deleted photos.
However, deleted pictures only remain in SD cards until no new data is taken. Once there is new data, it will overwrite the deleted ones. Hence, it is better to retrieve deleted photos as soon as possible.
Using third-party apps for photo restoration is also a good option. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one such app which can be downloaded from their site and the free version helps to recover 2GB data for free at most.
- Once it is downloaded, run it.
- In the app, you will see the option of a “Select a location” tap on the option. When this begins, you will see your photos appearing.
- Check the files found to see if your deleted pics are there.
- Preview the pics
- Then, click the “Recover” button to get the photo back.
Recover Photos from Android
The best way for photo recovery from your android device is to look up in the cloud backup storage. Every android comes with some cloud storage options. You can save your pictures in apps such as google photos. It is because when you delete an image from the Gallery app, it does get deleted but remains in the cloud storage of that app. It allows you to recover deleted pictures whenever you want.
- Log in to the cloud storage of the app from a browser. Then download it once again. In Google photos, it is done by selecting that particular picture.
- Click on the dots at the topmost right corner and select the save to device option.
In any case, if you deleted it from cloud backup as well, then you can recover your photos from Dropbox.
- First, log in to your Dropbox account from the browser, not through the app.
- Click on the files and select deleted files.
- Then choose all the deleted files you want to restore.
But you can recover photos from here only within a certain time frame, which is about thirty days.
If you use Microsoft OneDrive, then also you can easily recover photos.
- First, open the app of Microsoft OneDrive.
- Go to the “Me” option and Recycle Bin.
- Then select all the files you want to restore.
- At last, click on the Restore icon.
Hurray! Your photos are restored. But it deletes all photos permanently after thirty days after which restoration is not possible.
Recover Photos from iPhone
iPhone gives its users a lot of photo recovery options. Your iPhone is directly synced with iCloud. iCloud has a backup of deleted items.
- For recovery, first, log in to your iCloud account.
- Choose Photos and select the library option at the top.
- Choose the deleted album and select desired items.
- Finally, click on recovery to restore deleted pictures.
Another option of recovery is iTunes if you have backed up your phone using it.
- Link your iPhone with the computer and open iTunes in it.
- Click on the restore backup option. All the backup will be retrieved.